It’s your PTA’s biggest fundraiser of the year! Parents, teachers & friends try to win 200 prize baskets, a 50/50 & a Grand Finale Raffle Prize. This year’s event will be held on May 10, 2019. Our theme for this year’s event is Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!
What do you do with the money?
Last year we raised approximately $30,000. 100% of the proceeds go towards improvements for the Brookside community. In the past, some of the profits were used to make the schoolyard improvements including tree removal, new blacktop, addition of picnic tables and “buddy” bench. Profits also pay for assemblies, teacher grants & subsidize field trips.
Where do you get the prizes?
400 letters are mailed to potential donors, follow up phone calls made & local businesses receive an in person plea. Parents donate money towards Grade Baskets, many also donate prizes on behalf of their family or graduating fifth grader & some of our most popular prizes come from Mr. Klimko & teachers.
How can I help?
- Buy a Ticket: Be ready – first come, first serve. Buy individual tickets or purchase a table of 10 (you must have names of 10 guests to reserve a table). Tricky Tray Ticket Table Order Form 2019
- Save some time and purchase a pre-printed raffle ticket package. Don’t lose out on the prize… if your name is on your ticket, you will hear it loud and clear. Tricky Tray Printed Raffle Ticket Form 2019
- Buy a Grand Finale Raffle Ticket: You do not have to attend the event to buy this ticket. Sell a ticket to friends and family too.
- Support your Grade Basket: You will find out what prize your child’s Grade Basket will be. Send in as much as you would like to help purchase it. (i.e. 2012 Grade 2: Beach Bike)
- Print this Official Solicitation Letter (Tricky Tray 2019 Request Letter): Give it to your dance schools, favorite restaurants, pet groomer, gym, hair dresser, nail salon, karate teachers, pizza shop, coffee stop… Many are grateful for the chance to donate & they get to advertise for free to our whole school community. Add a personal note & put it in an envelope & leave it with your payment!
- Donate a PRIZE: from your family, business, neighborhood, Bunco group, Scout Troop or on behalf of your graduate.
- Volunteer! Email Kim Dispensa and let us know you want to help.