Thank you for volunteering to be a class parent. In addition to understanding the class parent responsibilities, please be aware of the following guidelines in the selection of class parents:
– You must be a PTA member to be considered for class parent.
– You can only be a class parent for one child at a given time.
– Class parents are selected 3 to a class, unless the teacher requests just 2.
– Parents who have never been a class parent for a child’s class will be given priority.
– To encourage the widest participation, parents (or anyone from that family) may not be selected as class parent if they have volunteered for the same child two years in a row (unless there are not enough volunteers).
– At the end of the submission form, there is a question as to whether or not you have been a class parent before. If you have, please make sure you let us know the names of each child and years you have been selected as a class parent.
CLASS PARENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- **NEW THIS YEAR** Designate 1 of the class parents as the class photographer and yearbook liaison. This person is responsible for sending pictures to the yearbook email throughout the year.
- Promptly contact parents with information received from the PTA Board that may include early morning school closings, delayed openings or an emergency school closing during the school day.
- At the teacher’s discretion, help organize class projects, parties & activities.
- Manage the supplies and/or funds donated by the parents.
- Act as a chaperone on class trips or find a willing parent to chaperone.
- Enlist parental support during the year for the various BPS & PTA events and fundraisers.
- Compile and distribute a “class list” to include any allergies or special needs.
- This position requires that you be available to receive (no answering machines, please) and make early morning phone calls, in case of a Honeywell Emergency Notification system failure.
- Term of service runs from September – end of June.
**Please be advised, it is imperative that any phone calls, e-mails, or other directives, be acted upon promptly.
**Information dissemination is not at the discretion of the class parent.