Thank you for volunteering to be a class parent!
In addition to understanding the class parent responsibilities, please be aware of the following guidelines in the selection of class parents:
– You must be a PTA member to be considered for class parent.
– You can only be a class parent for one child at a given time.
– Class parents are selected 3 to a class, unless the teacher requests just 2.
– Parents who have never been a class parent for a child’s class will be given priority.
– To encourage the widest participation, parents (or anyone from that family) may not be selected as class parent if they have volunteered for the same child two years in a row (unless there are not enough volunteers).
– At the end of the submission form, there is a question as to whether or not you have been a class parent before. If you have, please make sure you let us know the names of each child and years you have been selected as a class parent.
**NEW THIS YEAR** Due to the circumstance “class parent” function will be different this year. The ability to visit the classroom will be limited but we still need class parents as a connection between the teacher and the rest of the parents in the class. Most importantly class parents will brainstorm creative ways to celebrate special events and milestones.
To sign up fill out the form below:
TRADITIONALLY CLASS PARENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designate 1 of the class parents as the class photographer and yearbook liaison. This person is responsible for sending pictures to the yearbook email throughout the year.
- Promptly contact parents with information received from the PTA Board that may include early morning school closings, delayed openings or an emergency school closing during the school day.
- At the teacher’s discretion, help organize class projects, parties & activities.
- Manage the supplies and/or funds donated by the parents.
- Act as a chaperone on class trips or find a willing parent to chaperone.
- Enlist parental support during the year for the various BPS & PTA events and fundraisers.
- Compile and distribute a “class list” to include any allergies or special needs.
- This position requires that you be available to receive (no answering machines, please) and make early morning phone calls, in case of a Honeywell Emergency Notification system failure.
- Term of service runs from September – end of June.
**Please be advised, it is imperative that any phone calls, e-mails, or other directives, be acted upon promptly.
**Information dissemination is not at the discretion of the class parent.