QUEEN FOR A DAY TRICKY TRAY MAY 10TH
What is the Tricky Tray?
It’s your PTA’s biggest fundraiser of the year! Parents, teachers & friends try to win 200 prize baskets, a 50/50 & a Grand Finale Raffle Prize. The extravaganza will be held Friday 5/10/13 at the Kenilworth VFW.
What do you do with the money?
Last year we raised $25,000. 100% of the proceeds were used to purchase 20 iPads, a rolling charging station & educational software that teachers will share in their classrooms. Profits also pay for assemblies, teacher grants & subsidize field trips.
Where do you get the prizes?
400 letters are mailed to potential donors, follow up phone calls made & local businesses receive an in person plea. Parents donate money towards Grade Baskets, many also donate prizes on behalf of their family or graduating fifth grader & some of our most popular prizes come from Mr. Klimko & teachers.
How can I help?
- Like the Brookside Place School PTA “Queen for a Day” Tricky Tray page on Facebook: Get a sneak peak when tickets are available & what prizes have been donated. http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Brookside-Place-School-PTA-Queen-for-a-Day-Tricky-Tray/181150121912406
- Buy a Ticket: On sale in March & sell out quickly. Be ready – first come, first serve. Buy individual tickets or purchase a table of 10 (you must have names of 10 guests to reserve a table).
- Buy a Grand Finale Raffle Ticket: You do not have to attend the event to buy this ticket. Available in April. Grand Finale Prize is a $1,000 Gift Certificate to the Apple Store!
- Support your Grade Basket: In March you will find out what prize your child’s Grade Basket will be. Send in as much as you would like to help purchase it. (i.e. 2012 Grade 2: Beach Bike)
- Print the Official Solicitation Letter (Official Solicitation Letter): Give it to your dance schools, favorite restaurants, pet groomer, gym, hair dresser, nail salon, karate teachers, pizza shop, coffee stop… Many are grateful for the chance to donate & they get to advertise for free to our whole school community. Add a personal note & put it in an envelope & leave it with your payment!
- Donate a PRIZE: from your family, business, neighborhood, Bunco group, Scout Troop or on behalf of your graduate. NEW THIS YEAR! If you donate a prize valued at $50 or more, you receive 1 complimentary sheet of blue tickets (lower tier prizes). Contact Pamela Sachs, Solicitation Chair, at [email protected] for information on this great opportunity.
- Volunteer! Email Julie Horne, Event Chair. Want to get involved in a big way? Be the Gift Bag Committee Chair (solicit gift bag donations, collect & assemble for 400 guests). A little way? Sign up to run prizes to winners on the night of the event.
After 3 years, this is my last year Chairing the Tricky Tray. Please consider getting a group of friends together & taking over this important fundraiser. It’s a lot of fun, very creative & fulfilling. Email me for more info & thanks for your support! Julie Horne, Event Chair [email protected]